Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How long 'til it gets hacked?
Question 
Just wondering, how long do you reckon it will be before Mario Kart 9 gets hacked? I mean, it's not even out yet, or even confirmed for the Switch, but still.

Both Mario Kart 7 for the 3DS and Mario Kart 8 for the Wii U have both offline hacks now such as custom tracks and online hacks, which includes the famous item hack from Mario Kart DS and Mario Kart Wii.

What I don't understand is why the server doesn't perform some sort of check to see if someone's hacking. Surely if hundreds of Bob-ombs are being thrown, that should raise a red flag or two? Hopefully they'll change how the server is run to prevent multiplayer hacks that way, rather than just tightening up the system's security.
(6 Jan '17, 23:05:30)coolguy123 Wrote:Did I just get warned for violating a rule before it existed?
[Image: trash-dove.gif]
It'll likely be #2 on the agenda for hacking on the Switch, so relatively quickly depending on the anti-hack measures used for the Switch.
   JJJJJJJJJJ      A        CCCCCCC  K    K   
     J          A A      CC        K   K  
      J         A   A     C         K   K   
      J         A   A     C         KKK     
     J        AAAAAAA    C         K  K   
 JJJ J        A     A    C         K  K   
    J   J       A       A   CC        K    K    
    JJJJJ       A       A    CCCCCCC  K    K    
(5 Dec '16, 20:17:51)coolguy123 Wrote: It'll likely be #2 on the agenda for hacking on the Switch, so relatively quickly depending on the anti-hack measures used for the Switch.

What's #1? Piracy?
(6 Jan '17, 23:05:30)coolguy123 Wrote:Did I just get warned for violating a rule before it existed?
(5 Dec '16, 21:33:06)James Wrote:
(5 Dec '16, 20:17:51)coolguy123 Wrote: It'll likely be #2 on the agenda for hacking on the Switch, so relatively quickly depending on the anti-hack measures used for the Switch.

What's #1? Piracy?

Smash Brothers.
   JJJJJJJJJJ      A        CCCCCCC  K    K   
     J          A A      CC        K   K  
      J         A   A     C         K   K   
      J         A   A     C         KKK     
     J        AAAAAAA    C         K  K   
 JJJ J        A     A    C         K  K   
    J   J       A       A   CC        K    K    
    JJJJJ       A       A    CCCCCCC  K    K    
(6 Dec '16, 00:09:25)coolguy123 Wrote:
(5 Dec '16, 21:33:06)James Wrote:

What's #1? Piracy?

Smash Brothers.

Crash is better than Smash. Just sayin'.

You know, all the Nintendo games and systems are really rubbish, to be frank. Oh well, I've kind of dug myself a grave making The Switch Club. Will probably purchase a Nintendo Switch upon release and hope I can make YouTube videos about it without being terminated by Nintendo's silly copyright rules.

(6 Dec '16, 00:13:08)James Wrote: You know, all the Nintendo games and systems are really rubbish, to be frank.

I TAKE THAT BACK. I'VE JUST REMEMBERED ANIMAL CROSSING.
I never even heard about the other Mario Kart games being hackable...

EVERYTHING IS HACKABLE... what the hell in all devil...
Idk when it's gonna be hackable, prob within weeks if someone is dedicated enough and has the tools for it.

Is there even a homebrew for the Switch yet? I'm guessing not since it's only been out for 5 months.
Heart I love my mufkn chompys  Heart
[Image: vRLx9x0.jpg] 
(10 Aug '17, 05:44:55)xSuperMario64x Wrote: Is there even a homebrew for the Switch yet? I'm guessing not since it's only been out for 5 months.

No homebrew. The kernel has been dumped and there's been some basic hacking but nothing that will interest most people.