Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The production of Switches could be halted
Video 
The likes of Apple have been causing NAND shortages for Nintendo with their Switch systems, but now there are larger issues. I'll write a brief summary here but the video goes into more detail.

The first issue is that there's a bit of a lawsuit over the Joy-Cons. Apparently Nintendo with their swanky Joy-Cons copied the Gamevice, a device which adds controller buttons to smart devices in much the same way as the Joy-Cons do with the Switch. Take a look and you can see the similarities immediately. Most likely, Nintendo will end out paying a large sum of money to Gamevice.

The other, potentially larger issue, is that the only display provider for the Switch (Japan Display) is going bankrupt (or maybe they aren't, but a loss of $286.4 million in three months sounds pretty bad when they've already been losing money for three years in a row now). This has resulted in 30% of its employees being laid off. With Apple moving away from the company, this will make them struggle to recoup their losses. Perhaps we'll just have to do without screens on our Switches then. Hey, a possible reason for the Nintendo 2DS being pushed is that on 3DS systems, Nintendo had to pay out 1.82% of profits to Sony for patent infringement, so a screenless or Joy-Conless Switch could be a reality. Fun.
(6 Jan '17, 23:05:30)coolguy123 Wrote:Did I just get warned for violating a rule before it existed?
[Image: trash-dove.gif]
Welp

My local Gamestop will have a couple in stock this Tuesday. Maybe I should buy one? Even though I have no games for it...
Heart I love my mufkn chompys  Heart
[Image: vRLx9x0.jpg] 
(12 Aug '17, 21:13:44)xSuperMario64x Wrote: Welp

My local Gamestop will have a couple in stock this Tuesday. Maybe I should buy one? Even though I have no games for it...

Well, it won't do anything interesting without any games, but it could be tricky to find for a little while. I don't know what's best.
(6 Jan '17, 23:05:30)coolguy123 Wrote:Did I just get warned for violating a rule before it existed?
[Image: trash-dove.gif]
Good grief, with all the production and stocking delays the last thing we need is a copyright infringement and a screen shortage