Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
This game is from 2008
I want everyone to realise that this launch title, along with Little Inferno and Human Resource Machine, is just a port with no fancy, new additions (unless there's a surprise, but that's unlikely for 2D Boy/Tomorrow Corporation).

Platform Release Date
Windows 18 Oct '08
Wii18 Oct '08
Mac OS02 Nov '08
Linux13 Feb '09
GFWL15 Dec '09
iPad16 Dec '10
iPhone?? Apr '11
Android28 Nov '11
Switch03 Mar '17

As you can see, the Nintendo Switch version is going to be released quite a lot later than all the other versions. And will it feature more stuff? Unlikely. This is not a sequel and may actually feature slightly less in a way if the Nintendo Switch does not have achievement support.

Regardless, World of Goo is a great game that I've played through before. I won't be getting it on the Switch because every version of it before has just been a port so I don't see why this should be any different.

Here are some fun facts:
  • Within the first month, up to 90% of players were using a pirated copy. However, this figure did not account for installations on multiple computers etc., so may be a little on the high side.
  • The profanity pack, which would give the Goo Balls the ability to swear at anyone who preordered the game, was never released due to complaints from parents.
  • A sequel was never planned.
  • Beachil played World of Goo. You know, the guy who just stopped uploading YouTube videos.
(6 Jan '17, 23:05:30)coolguy123 Wrote:Did I just get warned for violating a rule before it existed?
[Image: trash-dove.gif]
World of Goo is fun, but this is a bit late...
   JJJJJJJJJJ      A        CCCCCCC  K    K   
     J          A A      CC        K   K  
      J         A   A     C         K   K   
      J         A   A     C         KKK     
     J        AAAAAAA    C         K  K   
 JJJ J        A     A    C         K  K   
    J   J       A       A   CC        K    K    
    JJJJJ       A       A    CCCCCCC  K    K    
(1 Feb '17, 17:25:48)coolguy123 Wrote: World of Goo is fun, but this is a bit late...

Yeah. Perhaps they just saw it as an easy port with not a lot of competition, so... money. The same company (in my opinion, Tomorrow Corporation is just 2D Boy, despite what they say) is also releasing Human Resource Machine and Little Inferno on the Switch on the 3rd of March, so these ports can't be all that much work.
(6 Jan '17, 23:05:30)coolguy123 Wrote:Did I just get warned for violating a rule before it existed?
[Image: trash-dove.gif]